Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baptism by Water

As missionaries we are called to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. We are called to invite. Our mission president told us that our purpose is to baptize. I have been working really hard to complete my purpose.
One day I met a guy named Jake. He is a wonderful guy from Australia. Well we were working with Jake for a long time. My companion and I invited him to be baptized many times but he had things he had to work on so it took him much longer than expected to be baptized. But Jake progressed, he came to church, he read out of the Book of Mormon and he prayed to God to know if it was true. Well his answer came. He stopped what he was doing that was keeping him back from being baptized and had a desire to be baptized. In our next lesson we set a baptismal date and he made the steps to be baptized. Mid December, Jake was baptized. Right after his baptism, he told us that his next goal was to be sealed with his family forever in the temple. I have never been happier. I know that he is a happy man too. I know that he will be able to be with his family forever because of his decision to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. I am grateful for the priesthood on the earth and I am happy that God answers prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment